In life, there are certain moments when we Reset. For me, these are times when my daily routine is different, for instance, taking a long-haul flight where your morning and evening swap. Or being down with flu and having to rest at home. Typically, for these down times, I ask myself these few questions:
- Is all that I’m doing (the busyness, even fully justifiable and worthwhile activities) RIGHT?
- Do I need to change, add, reduce, refocus what I’ve been doing?
- Am I loving God, my family and my friends enough?
- Monitoring + Saying + Shouting Stop Scratching
- Caring for Eczema Flare-ups
These are certainly things we have to do, but I think it’s not so much of the time and work involved but also the stress it creates. It may also prevent parents from evaluating their own life, their parenting and how they want family time to be different. Sadly, after spending so much time on skincare of eczema child + the stress that comes with it, parents are hardly in a ‘sane’ state of mind to reset. I pray that all parents get our down time and ‘me’ time to steer our life in the right direction.
Psalm 25:5 Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long
God, every day our life as parent is very busy. Caring for eczema child comes with stress and lack of sleep. Help us to quieten our mind and lead us to grow and thrive in our life on earth.
Seek the Lord in our Resetting