Caring for our skin is critical, especially as our skin is the largest surface exposed to sun and the environment. Skin ages both intrinsically and from external stress – sun exposure, air pollutants, smoking and lifestyle. In June’s Eczema Support Group’s session, we will learn with senior dermatology nurse Sister Wong:
- Skin structure and how Skin Ages
- Causes of Skin Aging
- Care for our Skin, answering questions such as the ones below and many more!
- Sun protection : What sunscreen protection should you use? How to correctly apply sunscreen and don’t we need sun for vitamin D?
- Bath : Should we bathe more or less? Hot or cold water?
- Moisturizer: What lotion or cream to use? How do I know it is safe?
Sister Wong is the Senior Nurse Educator at National Skin Center and trained in Dermatology and STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) Nursing in UK. She had spent many years in the inpatient nursing care in CDC and currently based in outpatient services in National Skin Centre. She is also in charge of training programmes for the nurses in Dermatology.
Mark your calendar on 5 June 2015, Friday, Lunch provided at National Skin Centre, Level 4, Room 401, 12.15 pm to 1.15pm
YOU MUST RSVP – You must RSVP so that we can order lunch and arrange the layout for the seats. If you’re coming, please email me ([email protected]) your name, mobile and email, number of adults & kids coming, and a NSC staff will confirm your RSVP.
Information shared during the session is not medical advice, information on my blog is not pre-approved by NSC.
Look forward to seeing everyone! Mei